Our initial outdoor sensing project has goals that are simple in appearance:
- MUST: Log temperature once every 10 minutes.
- MUST: Be waterproof.
- MUST: Monitor temperature for at least 6 months on a single battery charge.
- SHOULD: Be able to retrieve data from the sensor in the field.
- SHOULD: Be able to retrieve data without removing the sensor from its embedded location.
- SHOULD: Be able to retrieve data using an Android mobile phone.
The last three design goals are separate because we might achieve one, but not all three.