Our indoor sensing project is initially focused on the efficiency of the steam generation plant at Bates College. Specifically, we want sensors we can deploy to many rooms in a building (50+) to monitor temperature changes in the building, and begin developing an end-to-end picture of generation plant/system efficiency.
- MUST: Function on battery for at least 3 months.
- MUST: Measure temperature every 10 minutes.
- MUST: Communicate data wirelessly (WiFi) at least daily.
- SHOULD: Store data locally in case of network failure.
- SHOULD: Be able to be configured quickly, in-field, via mobile device.