Our initial coastal sensing project requires more research before we begin. Our goal is to begin providing low-cost, “reasonable fidelity” abiotic measurements to augment biotic measurements being taken at coastal research stations.
- MUST: Log temperature once every 10 minutes.
- MUST: Be waterproof.
- MUST: Monitor temperature for at least 6 months on a single battery charge.
- SHOULD: Be able to retrieve data from the sensor in the field.
- SHOULD: Be able to retrieve data without removing the sensor from its embedded location.
- SHOULD: Be able to retrieve data using an Android mobile phone.
The last three design goals are separate because we might achieve one, but not all three.